Toggia damToggia dam https://www.concadoro.it/wp-content/themes/movedo/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Camping Conca d'Oro | Oasi di relax sul Lago Maggiore https://www.concadoro.it/wp-content/themes/movedo/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
The Toggia dam is a hydroelectric power station built at the beginning of the 1930s to dam the Roni torrent in the upper Formazza valley… And it is also our next destination!
We reach Riale (1,740 m) to take the wide path that climbs up to the hollow of the Maria Luisa hut.
It is here at high altitude that the flower-filled pastures climb up to the first rocks of the highest peaks, giving a sense of openness and contact between earth and sky.
We will discover the source of the Toce river, which is so lively in the upper Formazza valley and so peaceful as it flows past Camping Village Conca D’Oro.
You won’t be short of a good glass of wine, good company, fresh mountain air and exciting views of these alpine lakes, also known as “The Blue Eyes of the Sky“.
Discover the wonderful landscapes of the Ossola Valley with us!
Enrich your holiday with an original and authentic experience to keep among your best memories! Book your trip at Reception!
- Destination: Riale (VB) – Val Formazza
- Excursion recommended for families with children aged 10 & up
- Difficulty: MEDIUM/INTENSIVE
- Route: Riale 1,731 m – Maria Luisa Refuge 2,157 m –Toggia Dam 2,200 m – Riale
- Picnic lunch
- Overall distance: ca 10 km
- Elevation gain: ca 500 m
- Scheduled departure from Camping: 8:45 AM
- Scheduled return to Camping: 5:30 PM