Orridi d’UriezzoOrridi d’Uriezzo https://www.concadoro.it/wp-content/themes/movedo/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Camping Conca d'Oro | Oasi di relax sul Lago Maggiore https://www.concadoro.it/wp-content/themes/movedo/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
From Camping Village Conca D’Oro, head north, straight to the Antigorio Valley!
Follow us! We’ll take you to the Orridi di Uriezzo!
What are the orridi? They are a geological masterpiece of rock chiselling, created over thousands of years by the waters of the Toce River in the Antigorio Valley.
The erosive work of glaciers and streams has left impressive and complex marks of which only rare evidence can be found throughout the Alps.
Walking inside these deep caves dug into the rock is like entering the ancient bed of a river: it helps you feel part of the natural history of the surrounding ecosystem and understand how important it is to respect, enhance and take care of it. The Orridi d’Uriezzo represent a unique and precious place in the Ossola valleys, so much so that they have earned the nickname of “Glacial Garden of Ossola“.
To feel like a bit of an adventurer and a bit of a caver, follow Camping Village Conca D’Oro with Natural Mind Professional on this magical adventure and don’t miss out on the next trips!
- Destination: Baceno (VB) – Valle Antigorio
- Excursion recommended for families with children aged 6 & up
- Difficulty: EASY
- Route: Monumental Church of Baceno 620 m – Orrido West – Uriezzo – Orrido North East – Oratorio S. Lucia – Orrido di Balmasurda (Ponte) – Chiesa di Crego 781 m – Orrido South (Main) – Marmitte dei Giganti – Banks of Toce – Verampio 450 m – Monumental Church of Baceno
- Picnic lunch
- Overall distance: ca 9 km
- Elevation gain: ca 400 m
- Scheduled departure from Camping: 9:15 AM
- Scheduled return to Camping: 5:30 PM