Antrona LakeAntrona Lake https://www.concadoro.it/wp-content/themes/movedo/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Camping Conca d'Oro | Oasi di relax sul Lago Maggiore https://www.concadoro.it/wp-content/themes/movedo/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
An exciting excursion starting on the shores of Lake Antrona up to Campliccioli Dam: a ring-route through sceneries and landscapes of rare beauty.
Lake Antrona is one of the most beautiful natural lakes of the region, located near the small town that gives it its name and formed in 1642 after a terrible landslide that obstructed the stream Troncone. The same stream was later blocked by a dam built between 1924 and 1928 and having a considerable economic and historical importance for the whole area and that today still stands majestically with its 80 meters of height at the base of the artificial Lake of Campliccioli.
Among enchanting views and moments of relax in the nature, we will easily reach the highlight of this excursion: the passage under the Sajont waterfall, made possible thanks to a steel gangway suspended on the green waters of Antrona Lake.
A tasty snack with a view, a glass of local wine and a chat with Alessandro are enough to immediately become good friends!
Do you want to join us and visit Antrona Lake?
Check the calendar and book your guided tour!
Camping Village Conca D’Oro and Natural Mind Professional together for your active vacation between lake and mountains!
- Destination: Piemonte Regional Natural Park “Alpe Veglia, Devero e alta valle Antrona”
- Excursion recommended for families with children aged 10 & up
- Difficulty: MEDIUM
- Route: Lake Antrona 1,073 m – Sajont waterfall – Alpe Piana – Campliccioli Dam 1,367 m – Antronalago – Dighetta – Lake Antrona
- Picnic lunch
- Overall distance: ca 9 km
- Elevation gain: 350 m
- Scheduled departure from Camping: 8:45 AM
- Scheduled return to Camping: 5:30 PM