Turn your holiday at Lake Maggiore into an unforgettable adventure and follow Camping Village Conca D’Oro and Natural Mind Professional around the area between lakes and mountains!
Where are we going this time? We are heading towards Pedriola and Lake delle Locce!
We are on the east face of the Monterosa, an imposing wall of rocks and glaciers, among which the Dufour peak (4,634 m) stands out.
The Pedriola plain is a wonderful grassy carpet located at more than 2,000 m, inviting hikers to relax and lie down to admire the surrounding peaks, to share a snack or a drink and to talk and listen to the stories of our guide.
From this immaculate pastureland, wonderful trails lead across the peaks to the glaciers and on the other side to the waters of Lake delle Locce at 2,220 m altitude.
There is a special pleasure in enjoying a picnic in good company in a magnificent place. Would you like to try it too? Add the emotional factor to your lake holiday and book your excursion.
- Destination: Macugnaga (VB), Valle Anzasca – Monterosa Glaciers
- Excursion recommended for families with children aged 12 & up
- Difficulty: MEDIUM
- Route: Arrival at Pecetto/Belvedere ski lifts – Alpe Pedriola (Refuge Zamboni 2,070 m) – Pedriola moraine-glacial plain – Lake delle Locce 2,215 m – Return to the lifts
- Picnic lunch
- Overall distance: ca 7 km
- Elevation gain: ca 750 m
- Scheduled departure from Camping: 8:15 AM
- Scheduled return to Camping: 5:30 PM