The “Walser” of SalecchioThe “Walser” of Salecchio https://www.concadoro.it/wp-content/themes/movedo/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Camping Conca d'Oro | Oasi di relax sul Lago Maggiore https://www.concadoro.it/wp-content/themes/movedo/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
We wonder if you have ever heard of the Walser!
You have to know that in the high Ossola valleys from the 13th century onwards, a community of settlers from nearby Switzerland and more specifically from the Canton of Valais (hence the name Walser) began to inhabit certain localities in the Ossola valleys, more precisely in Macugnaga, Ornavasso, Salecchio, Agaro and Formazza.
If it is true that every place has a thousand stories to tell and discover, on today’s hike we will delve into the history of the Walser people of Salecchio.
If you want to join us on the trail of this ancient lost world, all you have to do is follow Camping Village Conca D’Oro and join Alessandro in discovering the Walser of Salecchio, the lost community.
Together with Natural Mind Professional, Camping Village Conca D’Oro lets you discover the treasures of the area! Join us!
- Destination: Torre del Passo – Valle Antigorio
- Excursion recommended for families with children aged 12 & up
- Difficulty: MEDIUM/INTENSIVE
- Route: Torre del Passo 787 m – Salecchio Inferiore 1,322 m (possible addition of the path to Salecchio Superiore 1,502 m) – Torre del Passo
- Picnic lunch
- Overall distance: ca 8 km (12 km to Salecchio Superiore)
- Elevation gain: ca 550 m (750 m to Salecchio Superiore)
- Scheduled departure from Camping: 8:45 AM
- Scheduled return to Camping: 5:30 PM