Recently placed between the most beautiful botanical gardens of the world, Villa Taranto's botanical heritage now comprises 1.000 non-native plants and 20.000 rare
or valuable species harmoniously arranged on approximately 16 hectares facing the lake in Verbania.
The history of these marvellous gardens begins in 1931 when a green fingered Scottish Major Neil Mc Eacharn purchased the property from Marquess of Sant'Elia
with the aim of creating a large, heterogeneous English garden.
The gardens are open to the public from March to November; the public service of Navigazione Lago Maggiore has a landing stage called "Villa Taranto" right in front
of the Gardens main entrance while a big parking for cars or buses is a few steps away.